As an independent consultant, I am available to work on projects related to protected areas, environmental stewardship and conservation, community development, marine management, ocean policy, and climate adaptation. I offer the following services:
- Social science research, writing and publishing
- Organization and facilitation of meetings
- Proposal and grant writing
- Conservation and marine policy analysis and design
- Strategy and program evaluation and design
I serve the academic, government, philanthropic and NGO sectors. Current and past clients have included: Conservation International, The Walton Family Foundation (w/ The Real Macaw), Packard Foundation (w/ CEA Consulting), Comunidad y Biodiversidad AC (COBI), The Nature Conservancy (Mexico), The Marine Protected Areas Technical Team (BC, Canada), National Geographic, Pew Charitable Trusts, NOAA, Canadian Wildlife Federation, Bay of Bengal Large Marine Ecosystem Project (United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization), Parks Canada (w/ Lutsel K’e Dene First Nation) and The University of Nice (France).